nuffnang

March 19, 2016

My Convocation and Tips for IPGM Convocation

Hello everyone!

It has been so long since I write and this post has been sitting in the draft for so long. 


Finally I am able to blog about my convocation. Last year, my friends and I flied over to Kuala Lumpur for our convocation. Many of my friends and so am I have to fly early than our family member because we have to attend the briefing for the convocation and take our ropes. 

My convocation was on 11th June 2015. We were kinda special because we did't share convocation date with other courses because there are a lot of Teslian from the all the IPG. 



My early morning face



Esther and Cindy, before we were asked to line up to enter the hall

The stage

After we are seated

It was quite a long ceremony, I regret that I don't have the chance to take my mum for breakfast before we enter the hall.  I was also thirsty the entire time!  

Few minutes before the moment of truth

When my name was announced 

When your name was announced, you suppose to bow down a bit and proceed to take your scroll. 

Taking my scroll

Moments after we returns to our seat

Nick was the one taking all the picture of me on the big screen and was able to zoom in to take my pictures from my seat. 


My family member: Aunt Lucy, Aunt Lonnie, Mum and big brother was the family member that was able to attend my convocation


Nick and I

I love this picture my Aunt Lucy took of us tho my eyes were so small because of the sunrays. Insitut Pendidikan Guru Kampus Bahasa Melayu was where my convocation took place.


Flight back to KK

There are guidelines of how we are suppose to dress ourselves for the convocation. However there are many small things that I think are important to know as well. Here are some of them.

1. Stay near the IPG. My family and I stayed at PJ INN hotel.

2. Wake up early. Nick, Mum and I was on a taxi at 6a.m in the morning. We reach the IPG around 8 minutes because we stay quite near. It might take a longer time depends where you stay.

3. Wake up even earlier if you want to take breakfast. As I said above, we were not able to take breakfast, because not long after we reach the IPG, we were asked to enter the hall. Family member are advice to enter early if they want to be in the same hall as us or they have to be seated outside and watch only from the big screen. I was planning to take mum and nick for breakfast beside the hall as there are many stall selling food but unfortunately we don't have the time to do so. Probably it is the best to take your breakfast at the hotel.

4. Take safety pins with you. You would need it for your rope.

5. Book your studio photography service early. There are a studio photography service for us to take studio pictures. It is best for you to book it early, for example after the briefing. It is also advice if you could come before your actual convocation to take the studio pictures, as you would not have to line up, sweating and the photographer actually can pay more attention to you for the shoot.

I did't manage to book it early because my family arrived at night before my convocation. So we don't have the time to go. Fortunately, during my convocation, my big brother went to book it. It save us a lot of time waiting as after I received my scroll, we were able to go straight to take our studio pictures. You can also book it after your briefing.

If you have other useful tips, please add it on, on the comment section.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to asks.
My convocation was one of my fondest memories. How about yours?
Till then, have a great weekend!

4 comments :

  1. congratulation. sya rasa time konvo adalah salah 1 peristiwa yg bikin penat, bikin lapar, and kalo yg ucapan2 pnjg tu bikin bosan. haha. Sdh rasa 3 kali konvo, begitula sya rasa tp perasaan seronok tetap mengatasi semua perasaan yg lain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha saya pun rasa itu tapi maybe first time trus teruja tu yang lebih hehehe Eeee siok oo 3 kali suda.. sy pun mcm mau lg sambung.. kebelakangan ini perasaan mau sambung study membuak2

      Delete
    2. Bah..selagi ada keinginan tu p sambung. Buat yg part time saja. Tidak jg susah sngt tp x jg senang betul la. yg penting pndi bahagi tu masa.

      Delete
  2. hii... how many tickets or person from our families are allowed to enter the hall?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thought!