nuffnang

February 14, 2015

How is life now...

Hello everyone!

Its been sometime since my last post here. I am mostly on Instagram and Twitter. So if you want a more frequent update, you can follow me there!

As most of you have known. I already finish my five and half year of degree in IPG. The result is out and I am posted .......

Just beside my house! It was a surreal moment when I called JPN to know about my school. I am already grateful that I got Sabah but to be right beside my school was just magical. Indeed it was an exciting day for me and my family. Especially my mum.

JPN: Kamu dapat di Kota Belud ya. Sekolah SJK(C) CHUNG HWA

When the person said SJK.... I already went numb. It was overwhelming. The feeling was like all of your inside want to burst out, in a good way of course. Few moments after that I got the SMS below. Then, I call PPD Kota Belud to confirm my school. However, my name is not with them. I did't give much thought about it since I already got the info from JPN themselves and the SMS. 


The school, from my bedroom window 


The next day, I went out to run a few errands and on the way home, few meter from the gate of my house, I stop the car and took this picture of the school hall. Blessed!

I have been working for two weeks by now and I am officially a teacher. I must say the first week for me was exhausting! The first day itself I already enter few classes because the timetable was already prepared for us. The first week, a lot of teachers went out for sports so we also have to sit in for them and help them with extra classes in the afternoon. I was at school from 6.30 am to 4 pm everyday except on Monday and Friday for the first week.

Second week was a lot more manageable. I am getting use to the routine. We also got new timetable. I went from 30 periods for the first week to 28 periods now. Its a lot different from practicum. During practicum, you only learned about 20% of the things. The 80% you will learned after posting. During practicum you probably have 2 periods per day. Real life, 6 periods, 3 hours of teaching non stop.


I must say I love having my own table at school! Not the one we used to have during practicum. Picture below was the first thing I got from the school. Table was still empty at that moment. Now its filled with books, files and pupils' activity books. I can't wait to shop for book cases to get me more organised.


Despite the hecticness of working life at the moment. I am very content and love being a teacher! I am fortunate to have other senior English teachers and the head of the English committee that is very helpful. However, I still have a lot to learn. 

One of my Year 2 pupil, I taught them English language and Visual Arts.


One of the perks of being in a Chinese school is that the teachers and staff are given a box of mandarin oranges from the school. 

Before we got our box of mandarin oranges, the school also gave us a Chinese New Year card and few oranges. I am not sure who was it from. Probably some political leader. 


 The view from the second floor of the school classrooms. The view of the Kinabalu mountain was stunning. For these two weeks, every morning, Chinese new year songs was aired. It really setting up the atmosphere for the coming Chinese new year.


I have been cleansing and eating my favorite plant food after I pack my bags and got home after finishing my study. I gained a quite a lot of weight during the last semester, because the last semester equal to gatherings and dinners, making time for friends because, who know when can we meet again. During the holidays, I go back to the food that I love and juicing. I lost some of the weight. I am quite happy to have some flesh on my body. Although I really feel the healthiest when I was a lot lighter.

Now with a new working routine, I am still getting used to the change and slowly finding my momentum. I really want to pack my own lunch to school but so far I was unable to do it yet. I manage to brought a bottle of juice, a container of papaya to school. Yesterday, I had bananas for breakfast before I walk to school. Working out is nonexistence at this moment. Haha

Fruits and chia seeds pudding I made during the holidays.


This is the most freaking expensive mango I ever bought. Australian mango from Pick and Pay. Indeed it tasted wonderful. Tho I think the mango I tasted in Taiwan was sweeter. 


Baby kailan with rice will be always my favorite meal. Simple but satisfying! 


Looks so tempting! Went shopping during the holiday to get some groceries I can't find in KB when I saw this. But is was quite expensive. I am not really fond of strawberries but the color is so beautiful. Will get it for my smoothies next time! 


One of the selfie that didn't make it to Instagram. Hahaha


I think that's it for now. I hope I can write more and keep you updated. You only can write so much on Instagram and Twitter. That's why I still blog from time to time.

Till then, have a great day ahead! Happy Valentine's Day to those who are celebrating with their love ones, family and friends. Happy Chinese new year holiday too! 

11 comments :

  1. bgs o batch kamu, bnyk dpt tempat sendiri kan.. haha sy baru mau 1st practicum this coming april and i am sooo nervous!! mcm teda2 sy tau ni...adui.. nti klu ko free ble ka post tips mau p 1st practicum? haha. mau kc ready2 diri..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya banyak yang dapat negeri sendiri, cuma berlain daerah jak.. hehehe.. You will do just fine! Don't worry too much haha ok will try my best nnt saya post..lama2 lagi april tu hehe

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Finally about time haha merasa salary sendiri hehe

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky! :D congrats! hopefully my batch got early posting like u guys.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ya hopefully, I think if you got interview early by SPP, you will get posted earlier. All the best! ^_^

      Delete
  4. I remembered this school. Went there many many years back for school activities. Lol~ such a day. Congrats once again.

    My juicing going on and off due to hectic days at job and when CNY approaching - whenever i got back home will feel so sleepy and tired. But one good news, I finally get myself a juicer!! yippe ~~~

    Happy New Year Dora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D

      Kinda the same here, I only can make juice like once a week for like 2 or 3 days breakfast. Have to settle my things and get the momentum going. Haha..Yay for you! I am now saving to get a blender that is powerful enough to blend veggie into smooth smoothie.

      Hope you have a awesome day!

      Delete
  5. Congrats!! siok dapat poaring dekat rumah. Banyak boleh jimat kan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! siok dapat poaring dekat rumah. Banyak boleh jimat kan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on ur posting. Posting back to ones hometown is something the Sarawak Teachers Union fought for, and its good KPM decided to say yes :)

    Best of luck in ur new school!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thought!